If I filed bankruptcy on my home, how do I take my name off the deed? 6 Answers as of September 29, 2017

You can't. Ultimately they will foreclose but until they do you are responsible for code violations, (weeds, grass etc.).
Bankruptcy removes your personal liability on the mortgage. Bankruptcy does not transfer ownership of the property to the creditor. The creditor can take ownership by filing a foreclosure or the creditor can agree to ownership which is called a "deed in lieu". Nothing can force the creditor to take ownership.
Don't do anything without speaking to a lawyer FIRST! Pay an experienced BK lawyer for one hour of their time. Now is NOT the time to skimp.
You don't take your name off of the deed, unless you deed it to the mortgage company. Otherwise the mortgage company will foreclose.
You can get your name off the deed by transferring the property to another person or entity. This is not as easy as it sounds, and there are many important considerations arising from the bankruptcy which all suggest that you very much need to consult a lawyer skilled in bankruptcy.
    Law Office of J. Thomas Black, P.C.
    Law Office of J. Thomas Black, P.C. | J. Thomas Black
    Unless the bankruptcy trustee is going to sell the house, the house must somehow be transferred out of your name. It can either be sold, foreclosed upon (which is also a sale), or possibly do a short sale if there is no equity in it. Another alternative would be to do a deed in lieu of foreclosure back to the lender, but those are less common in Texas.