If I file bankruptcy will it get rid of my old fines and court costs so that I can get my driving license back? 6 Answers as of June 13, 2017

It will get rid of court costs but not fines.
It depends on whether the fines are considered civil or penal in nature. Not an easy distinction to make unless the attorney sees the documents relating to this fine.
Portland Bankruptcy Law Group
Portland Bankruptcy Law Group | Christopher J. Kane
Yes, if you file Chapter 13 you can discharge those traffic fines and get your drivers license back.
Fines and court costs are not dischargeable.
In Bankruptcy, fines payable to governments are not dischargeable. Depending on your state, it may be helpful in getting back your driver's license-since in those states 'Safety-Responsibility' laws require a driver either to have insurance, or to post a bond, and the penalty for not doing so is license suspension or revocation. If you are discharging the bill for damages (unless it arises from intoxicated driving) then there is no longer any reason to keep your license suspended. Contact your local office of the state's department of transportation.