If I feel I am getting shorted, how do I make him accountable for everything? 4 Answers as of June 30, 2015

My mother passed away this past Easter, and named my older brother the executor of a non-revocable trust. My brother and I barely speak and I know for a fact, he is giving our money to people before the estate is split three ways. He is also holding on to a large pence of money, until her taxes are filed next year. The estate is not going through probate, as far as I know. I just want my equal, legal share. Any suggestions?

LAW OFFICE OF ROBERT I LONG
LAW OFFICE OF ROBERT I LONG | Robert I. Long
You may be entitled to compel an accounting, but care should be taken not to accidentally trigger a no-contest clause as would result in you being disinherited.
If bro is smart he will have a lawyer handling the trust administration. You should express your concerns to the lawyer so that he can follow up.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
Request an accounting. If he does not provide one, file a Motion to Compel an accounting in the county where the trust is being administered.
Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
Request an accounting.