If I drop off my kids at the agreed meeting place, kids don't want to get off the car to go with their dad, am I still in violation of the court orde 5 Answers as of July 16, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC
Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC | Annette M. Cox
You need to encourage your children to go with their Father. Depending upon their age, (ie if they are teenagers), you might want to consider trying to modify the visitation orders to assess their preferences and reasons for not wanting to go to the visits. If the children are much younger, then you need to be positive about the visits and encourage them to go in order to avoid being non-compliant. You can consider requesting counseling between the father and the children as well.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 7/16/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Yes. It is your obligation to make sure the children go with dad.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 7/16/2013
Eric Johnson
Eric Johnson | Eric Johnson
If the kids don't want to get out of the car because her father is truly a danger to them and they are truly terrified of him and for good reason, then under Utah law (if you can prove that the children's health, lives, or safety are in danger by being in the care or custody of their father) you do not have to hand the children over to the father if you also couple your refusal with reports of child abuse to the police, the Division of Child and Family Services, and file a petition to modify child custody with the divorce court. If, however, the children do not want to get out of the car and go at their father , then you have some repenting to do, and while the kids may have a miserable time because of the horrible scene you paid for them in advance, you should work with the father to improve relations between father and child, pay for counseling for the entire family to help undo the damage you have done, and do all you can to ensure that the children enjoy the benefit of both parents in their lives. And if you don't do that, your ex-husband should sue you for award of child custody for him.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 7/16/2013
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
Yes, you could be in violation of the court order. If he as court ordered visitation, the children do not have the option to elect whether or not to go.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/16/2013
John Russo | John Russo
Yes you are, we see or hear this all the time, if your child won't go to school because they don't want to, what do you say? If your child does not what to go to the doctor what do you say? If your child won't go to bed what do you say? The question I will ask now is the same most good judges will, Madam, who is the parent here, and who are the children?
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 7/16/2013
Click to View More Answers: