If I don't have custody of my children, but I do pay for child support, is there no way I can get dental insurance for myself without carrying them? 5 Answers as of April 29, 2014

Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
I think you are able to obtain dental insurance for yourself. Usually, you have the option of including your children on the insurance eligibility application.
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Child support is a duty of every parent regardless of whether or not you see the children. Your child support order tells you who has to carry insurance.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
It depends on the terms of the order.? Even if you are ordered to pay for their dental insurance, you can file a modification to attempt to change the order.
Why would you want to? They are your children and need to be taken care of. And if they have bad teeth, it will cost you more in the long run. And if your order says you have to provide health insurance, you have to provide it.
Why would you want to? They are you'r children correct? So to put you'r question into perspective; Would you also ask if you could only afford to pay for food for you or you'r children is they anyway you could eat without having to feed them?