If I don't have custody of my children, but I do pay for child support, is there no way I can get dental insurance for myself without carrying them? 5 Answers as of April 29, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
I think you are able to obtain dental insurance for yourself. Usually, you have the option of including your children on the insurance eligibility application.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 4/29/2014
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Child support is a duty of every parent regardless of whether or not you see the children. Your child support order tells you who has to carry insurance.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/29/2014
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
It depends on the terms of the order.? Even if you are ordered to pay for their dental insurance, you can file a modification to attempt to change the order.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/29/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Why would you want to? They are your children and need to be taken care of. And if they have bad teeth, it will cost you more in the long run. And if your order says you have to provide health insurance, you have to provide it.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 4/29/2014
John Russo | John Russo
Why would you want to? They are you'r children correct? So to put you'r question into perspective; Would you also ask if you could only afford to pay for food for you or you'r children is they anyway you could eat without having to feed them?
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 4/29/2014
Click to View More Answers: