If I don't have custody of my child do I still have to pay child support? 4 Answers as of August 11, 2014

Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
Every parent has an affirmative obligation to support their children until they are emancipated. The age of emancipation in NY is 21. A non residential/custodial parent meets that obligation by paying child support the residential/custodial parent based upon his/her income. There are very limited exceptions. The answer is a simple yes.
Provda Law Firm
Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
The simple answer is yes. If the court has ordered you to pay child support you have to pay it or end up in jail.
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Child support is paid to the recipient for the care and sheltering of a child. Your rights as to "visitation" and/or "parental time", as the non-custodial parent, has little to no impact on the payment of support.
Goldberg, Scudieri & Lidenberg, P.C. | Alan J. Goldberg, Esq
Child Support is independent of custody. In actual practice, the non custodial parent normally forward court ordered child support to the custodial parent.