If I don't file the written objection form, do I still have to pay $435 if I object in person in court? 2 Answers as of October 27, 2016

I was mailed a right to administration form under the Independent Administrator Request statute (brother died without a will). My other brother filed with an attorney to be the administrator (only of the assets -House- that was acquired before marriage), but the deceased is still survived by a spouse. I want to contest because he is not allowing the widow enough time to process.

No, but the Judge may not be happy that no written objection was filed. I would advise the widow to appear also.
I assume the $435 is the filing fee. If you do not pay it, you can not appear in court to argue the matter. That does not mean the judge will automatically appoint your brother as executor/administrator of the estate. But is this really your battle?