If I do not have insurance in Georgia and I was hit by another car will I be fined? 2 Answers as of March 28, 2011

I was in an accident, and the other motorist was at fault. What can I do if I do not have insurance? I still need to make a claim for the damages and injuries that I have suffered. Can I get fined for not being insured, or what will happen?

Van Sant & Slover LLC
Van Sant & Slover LLC | David Van Sant
You can receive a citation for no proof of insurance. However you probably would have already received the ticket. Your lack of insuarance will not impact your claim for bodily injuries and/or your property damage claim. You should contact an attorney before you speak with the insurance company. Give me call if you have any questions.
Law Office of Sam Levine, LLC
Law Office of Sam Levine, LLC | Sam L. Levine
You will be fined for "no proof of insurance", unless you reach a plea agreement for a lesser offense in traffic court. As a likely condition to any plea agreement for a lesser offense, you would need to come to court with actual proof of insurance, so you should shop around. As to your injuries, you need to go ahead & make a claim with the at fault party's insurance company for your damages. It would not hurt to at least talk with a lawyer you are comfortable with about your claim. Good luck.