If I didn't think I had to list all of my credit cards with my attorney until after he filed bankruptcy, what should I do? 20 Answers as of March 23, 2015

If your case is still open then you should amend your bankruptcy petition and add all your creditors properly.
Make appointment to add them to the schedules. The law requires you list ALL of your debts.
You can list them now for an additional filing fee.
If your case is active, you can still amend your creditors and add any creditors previously omitted. Time is of the essence so act quickly. Good luck!
I can't imagine why you would have thought you didn't have to list all your debts, since the bankruptcy paperwork you signed specific required you to say under oath that you did list all of your debts. However, for a relatively modest amount, you can and must amend your bankruptcy to include all additional creditors.
    She didn't tell you to list all your debts? You need to file an amendment to your Schedule F and send the notice of bankruptcy to all the new creditors. The court and your lawyer will both charge a fee for this and you'll have to pay the postage.
    Your question is very confusing. Did your attorney file bankruptcy, or did you? Assuming this is your bankruptcy case, you are required to list all your assets and all your debts. Whether you didn't "think" you had to is irrelevant. If your case is a Chapter 7 case where no assets are being disbursed by the Trustee, then it's not a big problem. You will be discharged from the debts regardless. However, if you fail to list them, those creditors could come back later on and seek to reopen your case to object to the discharge of their debts, assuming they have grounds to do so (such as fraud). So the best thing for you to do is amend your bankruptcy papers to include those omitted creditors, assuming your case is still open. You don't really provide very much information on your case or its status so it's difficult to answer.
    Call your attorney and see if it is possible to amend the schedule.
    Tokarska Law Center
    Tokarska Law Center | Kathryn U. Tokarska
    An amendment should be done, adding the new creditors, plus Notice of Amendment with a copy of Bankruptcy Notice will need to be served on the newly added creditors. Your lawyer should know exactly what to do. Didn't they run a credit report prior to the filing?
    EDWARD P RUSSELL | EDWARD P RUSSELL
    Just give the names and addresses of the creditors that were not listed on the schedules to your attorney. He can add them on to the court matrix and send a copy of the Notice of the Meeting of Creditors to those creditors.
    Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
    You should contact your lawyer and tell them about the unlisted accounts. Immediately.
    Surely your lawyer told you to list all possible claims. But whether he did or did not, contact him ASAP and tell him that you inadvertently omitted a number of claims. He will then draft an Amendment to your schedules, listing the creditor by name and address, the amount (exact or approximate) you believe the creditor claims, the date (exact or approximate) that the claim was incurred, and what it was for (e.g. services, loan of money, etc.). You will have to sign the amendment. BR courts charge $30 for an Amendment of up to 5 creditors. If the case is already closed, the court will charge a fee of, I think, $300 to reopen the case.
    Amend your complaint. This is cost you $30 since a new mailing list will need to be sent.
    The Law Offices of Ryan F. Beach, PLLC
    The Law Offices of Ryan F. Beach, PLLC | Ryan Beach
    You should contact your attorney and let him or her know that your schedules need to be amended to add additional creditors. There is a small filing fee associated with adding creditors, but it well worth it to make sure all of your creditors receive notice of your filing and your bankruptcy filing is accurate. When you signed your bankruptcy filing you swore under the penalty of perjury that the documents were accurate and that you included all of your creditors. I don't know the specifics of your case, but if you make the amendment(s) everything will probably be ok.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    You can always add creditors to your bankruptcy case, but there is a fee involved. Just give the additional information to your attorney.
    Law Office of Andrew Oostdyk
    Law Office of Andrew Oostdyk | Andrew Oostdyk
    I would call your attorney and tell him what creditors are missing asap. If the case was just recently filed, you can amend schedules D, E, and F and get notice to the missing Creditors of your case.
    John W. Lee, PC
    John W. Lee, PC | Kim A. Lewis
    Contact your attorney to have him or her prepare an amendment adding the creditors that were left off your petition.
    Rhymer Law Firm
    Rhymer Law Firm | William Rhymer
    You need to tell your attorney about the omitted debts as soon as possible. If you are still in the case you can add them. If you have already received a discharge, you still need to tell your attorney about it and he or she can tell you whether or not you need to reopen the case to add them. Good luck.
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter | Daniel J Winter
    Call the attorney; if the case isn't closed, you have a short time to add them, for a fee. If it is closed, they are technically eliminated, but your attorney needs to send a letter.
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
    You you can still add it after you filed the bankruptcy but there will be a cost involved.