If I default, can they sue me and even garnish my wages? 5 Answers as of September 18, 2017

I have been reading about this and it scares me to commit to a reaffirmation. I filed chapter 7 and did not reaffirm my loan. I was trying to refinance but lender said that I have to reaffirm the loan with them.

First, it is too late to reaffirm anything if the case is closed. I assume this some type of secured loan. See an aggressive bankruptcy attorney - especially if you have a writing that says you have to "reaffirm."
Need to review the papers. Otherwise, all advice is a guess.
OlsenDaines | Rex Daines
The lender is lying. You don't have the reaffirm mortgage. Keep paying and you can keep the home. That particular bank might not refinance or modify your loan, but you can go to another bank if you want to refinance. Also, you can not force a bank to reaffirm a mortgage with you AND you cannot reaffirm any loan after the bankruptcy is discharged.
If you do not reaffirm, the most they can do is foreclose on the house. If you do reaffirm, then all of their rights against you personally can be used.
You cannot reaffirm a loan after your bankruptcy case is closed. You can refinance but only with a different lender.