If I create an LLC out of state, do I need to register as a sex offender in that state? 1 Answers as of July 20, 2015

I am a registered sex offender in state A planning on starting my own business. Stating B offers some tax advantages over State A for forming an LLC. If I register the business in State B, would I have to register as a sex offender in State B because I would be considered "employed" there?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
I would encourage you to ask this question of a lawyer in State B as that is the law that would control. In Colorado, one has to register where they reside which can be more than one place (employment does not enter into it really).
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/20/2015
Click to View More Answers: