If I could not complete the terms of my DUI probation can I keep my license? 1 Answers as of April 29, 2011

I had DUIs in the 80s and got one in October and lost my license for 9 months. I got them back with 2 classes left and 2 months interlock left. I was ordered 60 work release but cant do it do to anxiety and panic attacks. IF I leave the state can I get my license back every thing is paid to date?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
The license issues and issues in court are separate and different from each other. You should definitely complete the 2 alcohol classes you have left (and make sure DMV is informed you completed them) and finish out the two months of the Interlock. Then you won't have license issues. However, if you don't do the work release, a warrant will issue for your arrest and there is some chance the DMV will suspend your license until you take care of the conditions of your sentence (it is called an "OJW" - outstanding judgment warrant).
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 4/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: