If I checked my background on the state website and nothing came up, does that mean my background is clean? 4 Answers as of July 24, 2014

I applied for a job and they said the background check goes back thirty years. Does the state website have accurate information?

If you are looking for Michigan convictions, check IChat through the Michigan State Police website. You can access it immediately online for approximately $10. It's pretty accurate, but it will only show Michigan convictions.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
Suppressed records and warrant information are not available through ICHAT (Michigan's Internet Criminal History Access Tool). Also not included are federal records, tribal records, traffic records, juvenile records, local misdemeanors, and criminal history from other states. It also depends on the job that you are applying for as some things which have been cleared from your public record are still discoverable by law enforcement and other governmental jobs. The website should have accurate information on anything else.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Generally the state website, I believe, does not go back that many years. You must know if you have a criminal record and what for. At times, the record may not appear either for a certain amount of time.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
The answer is maybe. Look at it this way if you say you have a felony, you wont get the job. if you say you don't have anything, you may or may not get the job.