If I am a US Citizen from birth and I gave birth in Mexico, what would happen with my child? 4 Answers as of October 06, 2014

If I were to give birth in Mexico, so that the father could be present during birth, would my child have to stay in Mexico or could he legally have US citizenship through me?

Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
You would need to register the child's birth at the nearest U.S. Consulate in Mexico and apply for a U.S. passport. You will need evidence of your residence in the United States for at least ten years.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
If you meet certain statutory requirements the new born child will acquire US citizenship at birth in Mexico. Please consult with a lawyer for advise.
Definitely, have the child in the U.S. You will save yourself and the child a lot of problems. You can set up a link so that the father can see and speak with you during the birth.
Law Office of Josue S Villanueva
Law Office of Josue S Villanueva | Josue Villanueva
When did you give birth? Most probably, your child is a USC by derivation.