If I am a US citizen but have a previous marriage in the Philippines, do I have to file a divorce to remarry here? 1 Answers as of August 09, 2017

I was originally married in the Philippines 30 years ago. I am already a US citizen for 10 years and been living alone for more than 24 years here in the US.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Yes, no matter how long separated you are still legally married. Get a divorce before remarrying.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/9/2017
Click to View More Answers: