If I am a green card holder, can I petition for my husband to get his green card? He has a criminal record. 6 Answers as of September 10, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Walker & Ungo Law Firm
Walker & Ungo Law Firm | Gabriela Ungo
Yes you may, but depending on the criminal record involved, your husband could be found inadmissible and/or removed from the U.S. You should consult with an experienced immigration lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 9/10/2013
Law Office of Rebecca White
Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
You may file an I-130 immigrant visa on his behalf, but you will want to determine if his criminal charges will prevent him from adjusting status when the visa becomes available.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/10/2013
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Depending on your husband's criminal charges, he may be either inadmissible or deportable.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/10/2013
Perez-Jenkins Law, LLC | Patricia Perez-Jenkins
A LPR can apply for spouses. However, depending on the criminal issue the immigrant may be barred from applying. If that person is here without permission it also adds another layer of complexity. This is a case that definitely needs to be addressed with an immigration attorney before filing.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 9/10/2013
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
Yes, and your husband can also apply for permanent residency if he entered the US with inspection as the visa numbers are current this month.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/10/2013
Click to View More Answers: