If I am facing a 3rd degree retail fraud, I also was charged with that one year ago but it was deferred, will I go to jail? 1 Answers as of July 03, 2017

I got scared and ran from security but I did not run from police. I didn't want to go to jail because I had to pick up my kids. They only have me. Their father is in the process of getting his rights terminated. I cannot go to jail, my kids need me. I feel so stupid and gate myself so bad. Hearing them laugh just makes it worse because all I need is them. We don't need material items to be happy. I am just afraid mainly for the wellbeing of my kids. I can't lose my job over this because I definitely won't be able to get another one with a retail fraud. Please someone help with advice? I have a court appointed attorney who helped me with my last case, as well as the case with their father. I guess they were watching me because they had suspicion that I stole from another store but I didn't. I am sure that will be a factor in court that won't make me look good.

Your jail chances certainly went up with a prior, but really things depend on your judge and court. Your attorney will know best, ask them for the odds.