If I am emancipated, can I receive some of the social security from my deceased father? Posted on June 21, 2011

I'm a 17 year old female that no longer lives at home. I have been out of the house for about four months. My dad died when I was 10 years old and each month since then my mother receives seven hundred dollars each month from social security and I do not see any of that money. Would emancipation solve this problem and allow me to access this money?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: