If I am a disabled person will I be able to sponsor a foreigner to take care of me? 3 Answers as of June 06, 2011

I am totally disabled, and I want to sponsor a friend to come to the U.S. to help take care of me. How can I do this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It may be possible, but it is a long process taking several years for the permanent residence to be approved. What is your friends medical or rehabilitative background as he/she may qualify for a non-immigrant visa, which is faster.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/6/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
What is your relationship? Has he ever taken care of you before? Will you be paying him? Have you looked for help domestically? I suggest calling for a consultation because there are many questions that need to be asked.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/2/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You cannot unless you are related to that person through marriage or blood (child, parent or sibling) or employment, meaning you are their employer and that you cannot find able or willing USC or residents to do the job. You can't just sponsor someone because you are disabled. Sorry but good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: