If I am collecting food stamps for my son can that affect the process of legalize my status once I get married? 3 Answers as of February 15, 2011

I have been collecting food stamps for my son because I am a single mother and I really need the help. I will be getting married in a month but I need to reapply for the foods stamps now, my question is can that affect the process while I am legalizing my status through my husband?

The important thing is to document that what help you get has been going straight to your son, assuming that your son is a U.S. citizen. If that is the case, you should be okay. If you want the help of an attorney with yours and your husband's case, please feel free to call or e-mail me to set up a consultation.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
Federal Government assistance is for those U.S. Citizens who need this temporarily. If your child is a U.S. Citizen, then there should not be a problem.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
It can affect your application for the green card if you are collecting food stamps. However, if the food stamps is for your son, then it does not affect your green card applications.