If I am being charged with reckless driving, driving without a license and I believe theft of car, what can I do to lessen my penalties? 2 Answers as of March 17, 2017

I am 16 years old have no license and took a car without parental consent with my friend who is 18 and has a license, we took it to another city, switched out and I drove in a parking lot I went around the parking lot and made sure that it was clear and then speed up and spun out of control into a pole, my speed was between 30-35 mph. I had not any drugs or alcohol in my system at the time but a couple of days before someone snuck a pot brownie (a brownie that contains weed and gets you high) and it was a seriously high dosage. I'm going to court in 4 days and need to know what I can do about all of this, if I will be taking a drug test and if so should I be worried? I am being charged with reckless driving, driving without a license, and I believe theft of car so is my friend being charged of theft. Also I am going to two separate courts one is adult and the other is juvenile.

Well, where do I start! First, you have to show the court that you will NEVER do something that stupid again.. To do that, you need to get into a psychologist or psychiatrist and learn why an obviously bright kid does stupid things. Then, change your mental attitude and get evidence to prove it. Second, when you go to court, have a lawyer with you who can present your evidence in a manner that would likely convince the judge. Third, do NOT make excuses for poor judgment. Own up to it, accept it, and change. Fourth, pray like crazy that your evidence is strong. Fifth, do NOT get in trouble again, because if you do, I can guarantee that the judge will hammer you. The 11th Commandment is: Thou shalt not be an a** h***.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
These are very serious charges. You should admit nothing and request an attorney be appointed to represent you. Do not try and handle this yourself or you may go to PRISON.