If I am at Bankruptcy 13, which I filed for myself only last 11/09, and two months ago, I got separated with my husband what should I do? 11 Answers as of May 01, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
Can you complete it? If not file a motion to lower plan payment for the last two months so you can complete it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/1/2014
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
You can either continue to make payments until you are done, convert to a chapter 7 or have your case dismissed.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/1/2014
Timothy Casey Theisen, P.A. | Tim Theisen
Get a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 5/1/2014
GARCIA & GONZALES, P.C. | Richard N. Gonzales
Someone should keep making the payments so you receive your discharge at the conclusion of the case.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/1/2014
Heineman Law Office
Heineman Law Office | Jeff Heineman
You should speak with your attorney or pay for a consultation. Without knowing more about your assets, debts, and what you are in a Chapter 13, you may or may not want to dismiss it. However, if you are simply a Chapter 13 due to your joint income, then you very likely will want to dismiss.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 5/1/2014
    Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin
    Law Offices of Eric W. I. Anglin | Eric W. I. Anglin
    You better contact the trustee and consult with an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Indiana
    Replied: 5/1/2014
    A Fresh Start
    A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
    What you should do depends on a lot of things, such as the reason you filed Chapter 13 instead of Chapter 7, what your current goal is, whether your spouse is willing to continue to contribute to paying the plan, etc. I need details to answer a legal question of this nature and you should be consulting with a bankruptcy attorney to review your entire file before expecting to obtain advice.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 5/1/2014
    Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
    Is it a joint case or did you file individually? You probably should seek an attorney to assist you - chapter 13 can be quite complicated, especially when circumstances change. Has your plan been confirmed yet? Are you receiving any financial support? Too many questions to be able to offer any sort of helpful answers here.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 5/1/2014
    Law Office of Lynnmarie A. Johnson
    Law Office of Lynnmarie A. Johnson | Lynnmarie Johnson
    You will need to file a new Sch. I & J to reflect the changes, along with a new payment order. There may be other changes needed, I would highly suggest hiring an attorney! This is complicated stuff, made only more complicated by your separation.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 5/1/2014
    Baner & Associates | Sandra M Baner
    You are not required to do anythng. However, if this change in circumstances means you can no longer complete your confimed plan, you may wish to request a modification of the plan terms.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 5/1/2014
    Moore Taylor Law Firm, P.A.
    Moore Taylor Law Firm, P.A. | Jane Downey
    Get a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: South Carolina
    Replied: 5/1/2014
Click to View More Answers: