If I am 20 years old and born in the U.S.A. and I would like to claim one of my parents for U.S residency, how can I do that? 6 Answers as of September 23, 2014

My parents are both from Mexico. I would like to claim my dad for U.S residency. Where do I need to go and what do I need in order for this to happen for dad? They both have been here for a long time.

Did they enter the US lawfully or unlawfully? If unlawfully, you cannot do anything for them within the US as they are not eligible to adjust status here but have to get a visa in Mexico. If they entered the US lawfully, you have to be 21 years of age in order to be able to petition for them.
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
Their eligibility will depend upon how they entered the US.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You need to be 21 On Sep 19, 2014,
It is not going to happen since they are here illegally.
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
You need to turn 21 years of age before you can petition for your parents. When that happens then you can file your petition on their behalf.
    Coane and Associates
    Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
    You can have visa petitions prepared for them with all supporting documents and once you turn 21 you can file them. And, if they are eligible for adjustment of status, you can prepare those papers as well. If you want the assistance of a lawyer, feel free to contact me.