If I am 18 as of September and my girlfriend turns 15 in May, is it legal for us to be dating? 8 Answers as of March 25, 2013

In Michigan it is illegal for the two of you to have sex until she is 16 at least.
Dating yes. Touching or kissing, no. Sex involves touching.
Dating, yes. Having Sex? Probably not a good idea.
You can date, but no coochy-coochy, if you know what I mean.
That depends what you do on a date. California Penal Code Section 261.5 STATUTORY RAPE is defined as follows; 261.5. (a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age. (b) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor. CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE SECTION 288.4 SOLICITATION OF A MINOR is defined as follows; 288.4. (a) (1) Every person who, motivated by an unnatural or abnormal sexual interest in children, arranges a meeting with a minor or a person he or she believes to be a minor for the purpose of exposing his or her genitals or pubic or rectal area, having the child expose his or her genitals or pubic or rectal area, or engaging in lewd or lascivious behavior, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars ($5,000), by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by both the fine and imprisonment.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    That depends on what you mean by "dating". You can "date" anyone you want, but you may not engage in any sort of sexual activity. That includes kissing, touching, etc. Don't even put yourself in a situation where you could be accused of anything inappropriate. Sex crimes will stick with you for life. My best advice is to find a girl your own age. Good luck.
    Dating is always legal. Sexual contact or sexual intercourse, however, is illegal given the age difference. You could be charged with a felony criminal sexual conduct and, if convicted, there is presumptive prison time in addition to reporting as a sexual offender. You would be well advised to date someone your own age.
    Dating yes, engaged in sexual activities, no.