If he fails to graduate on schedule, does my husband continue to owe child support past the original graduation date? 1 Answers as of March 07, 2017

I live with my husband who has a son with his ex-wife. He is not applying himself at school and his mom is not doing follow up to be sure he does his homework. We do it when we see him every other weekend, working to catch him up and work on current assignments. He currently has two Fs.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Yes, child support is 18 or graduation from high school, whichever comes last. After that, the father could be liable for post secondary support if the child gets any post secondary education and the other parent applies prior to graduation (or his 18th birthday).
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/7/2017
Click to View More Answers: