If the father of my child wants to override the parental order, what legal action do I need to do? 1 Answers as of March 11, 2017

It’s been two years since I finalized the parental order, my ex was abusive to me and has a history of domestic violence that has made me got restraining orders through the years. Our child would reside with me since our son now is ten does not know about his father. In the order the father would have to complete domestic violence class and also to set and pay supervised visits with our son. The father has not done any of it and has been harassing and threatening me that I need to let him see his son and he is not going to do what the order says that he is going to make me pay mentally and repeatedly verbally insults me. The father has already shown up to my house. I feel stuck and I honestly thought I wouldn't have to go through this again.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
If there is an order in place that says he gets only supervised visitation and he shows up at your house to see the child, call the police. If you don't have a domestic violence order get one. Again, if he violates it (if you have one now) call the police as it is a crime to violate a restraining order or domestic violence order. Make sure that what you have is still in effect and wasn't just good for one year.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/11/2017
Click to View More Answers: