If the father of my child doesn’t pay his child support, will he be obligated to pay back pay for his failure to help all these years? 1 Answers as of July 26, 2017

My daughter is almost 9 years old her father and I separated when she was about 6 months old, he moved to other state and not pays child support according to him, and nothing was ever collected since they couldn't locate him. I recently decided to file child support again and they have contacted him and my daughter doesn't know him will he have rights to visit her when she doesn't even know him? I have proof that I reached out for help and an email from him when we last spoke where he denied me help and said he was moving and recently he emailed me saying he accepts that he was irresponsible for not helping me all these years. What can I expect?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
DCSS can help you with locating and collecting on support. You also have the opportunity to pursue this by hiring a private investigator to locate the child's father if you have a general idea of where he might be. As long as you have a court order for support and the support continues to accumulate. You also are entitled to interest at a rate of 10 percent.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/26/2017
Click to View More Answers: