If ex refuses to comply with visitation midpoint meetup claiming financial burden, how do I get her to comply? 2 Answers as of December 13, 2013

Original PSA states my ex wife (living in New Jersey) would meet me halfway 12 times a year so that I could have visitation with my children at my new home location in Virginia. My ex agreed to this arrangement in our original order as did the judge since I was relocating for employment purposes. In the past 3 years, she has met me halfway 2 times. This forced me to drive to New Jersey once a month and stay with family members just so that I could visit with my children. My family members are relocating to Virginia soon so I feel I no longer have the option of driving to NJ to see my children. The cost of staying at a hotel would be outrageous. The judge ordered us to sit with a mediator on this matter. My ex refused every option offered. I suggested to my ex that I could have the children 6 times a year for extended visits such as summer vacation, Christmas break and spring break and long weekends. My ex refuses to do this and claims she doesn't have the funds to pay for gas etc. to meet me. She was imputed a salary of $30, 000 by the courts, but she refuses to get a job and do her fair share of supporting the children. I pay her nearly $30,000 in child support and alimony. How am I to approach this situation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Make a motion for modification of visitation based upon non-compliance and/or for full custody and relocation of the children. All tough battles, but sometimes worth fighting. Don't be surprised if the Court simply orders you to advance and/or prepay for the "transportation" costs for the children or her round-trip to the half-way point. Non-compliance by her after advancing payment may factor into custody/visitation modification demands.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 12/13/2013
The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
The Davies Law Firm, P.A. | Robert F. Davies, Esq.
How do you approach this? You pay $30,000 in support. And she will not work. And she claims poverty so she can not afford to pay for gasoline etc. And she will not drive to meet you. Aggressively.You approach this aggressively. You hire someone like me to get the Court to put a stop to this nonsense. Please contact me, and we will get going on this. You are about to lose another Christmas season. Do not wait.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 12/13/2013
Click to View More Answers: