If the DMV is telling me that I am not eligible for a hearing until September of 2017, how can I request to expedite my hearing? 1 Answers as of March 17, 2017

I'm trying to obtain a DMV hearing to have my license fully reinstated. The DMV is telling me that I am not eligible for a hearing until September of 2017. This stems from a DUI that occurred in August 2012. I completed all the necessary legal requirements early, and have had the interlock device installed for 28 months. I was given a notice of suspension in September of 2015 that stated I had to extend for another year. I had asked for and was denied a hearing by the DMV, being told to extend or lose my license. I have not committed any known violations with my device in the 28 months, nor have been charged additional through my provider. This has cost me several opportunities to further my professional career having a restricted license.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
To answer this question would take analyzing your driving record and why the DMV says you are not eligible until September 2017. The question would be what extended it for another year past September 2016. You can contact DMV and ask them to provide your driving record (costs $9 can be done at any DMV office) or ask them by phone to analyze your record and tell you when you can reinstate and what the process is.