If a client breached a verbal contract, can that client sue the person doing the service? 1 Answers as of July 15, 2013

I provide a service for a client and when she didn't want the product, I told her the term which she agreed to. I kept the deposit which went into producing the product and didn't charge her the labor balance and kept the product as a balance fee for labor services.

Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
It sounds like you need to speak with a lawyer about your situation. There is no way any lawyer could really answer your question without knowing the specifics. You are asking if this woman can sue you. Anyone can sue anyone, the question is whether you would be able to get the case dismissed easily. Usually if a product is specially made to order for a person, the person will owe the full amount for the product. Such contracts are not easy to get out of, unless the product is fundamentally flawed to where it cannot be used for its stated purpose. But you need to discuss your actual details with a lawyer.

It also sounds to me as if you might want to get a lawyer to write contracts for your business, so that in the future, you have the deal clearly in writing. A contract like this will make your business so much better for you and your clients. It is well worth the investment.