If child custody papers have been filed, can the other party leave the state with the child? Posted on August 01, 2011

I am filing for custody of my child and I'm worried that my ex is going to try to take my child back to his home state of Michigan. I have heard that as long as I have filed papers for custody this will prevent him from being able to do so because it will be considered kidnapping until and agreement has been reached.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: