If B2 visa holder married a US citizen, how long does it take to get green card and can I continue to stay when my visa expired? 7 Answers as of August 27, 2014

Penn Law
Penn Law | Gigi Penn
The USCIS tries to complete the process for these applications within 6 months consult their website for more info. You may be able to stay in the US pending completion of the process. However, depending on the details of your case not disclosed here, staying on an expired B2 visa may work against you. To avoid delay and to protect your rights, consult an experienced immigration attorney to assist you.
You should not be staying now. You will ruin your chances of getting a green card.
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
IN Houston about 3-4 months and San Antonio about 2-3 months, assuming all papers are complete and done right and the person is otherwise eligible.
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
Since you entered on a valid visa you could remain in the US while proceedings are pending, despite becoming out of status. But, I strongly advice against traveling abroad until you get your permanent resident card. This should take between 6-8 months depending how many cases are in front of you. You should also apply for your work permit along with the petition and the application to adjust. Hence, there are three (3) main forms you file together.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
It takes about 3 months from start to finish. And yes you can stay when your tourist visa expires.
    USCIS is currently processing such cases in 5 to 8 months. You may remain in the United States while the application is pending. However, it may not be in your interest to do so depending upon more information. You would be best advised to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.
    Law Offices of Christine Green
    Law Offices of Christine Green | Christine Green
    Although someone on a B2 visa can typically adjust status if he or she gets married to a U.S. citizen, there are many things to consider before proceeding such as whether the intending immigrant has any grounds of inadmissibility that might prevent him/her from adjusting status. It typically takes six to nine months, however it could take longer. There are no guarantees. I would suggest you work with an experienced immigration attorney to guide you through this process. One mistake on your part could be costly.