If an insurance company gets a judgment against me, how can they collect it? 1 Answers as of January 24, 2017

I was in an accident 2 years ago and the other insurance company is suing for $9,999. I had insurance with my wife only to find out my insurance company said I was on the policy but not as a driver. Their lawyer wants to settle but I don't have the money since my wife passed. If they get a judgment, how can they collect?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
If they get a judgment, they can garnish wages, or if they identify non-exempt property, they can levy it with the Sheriff selling it at auction. To find out what all is exempt, check with your local Legal Aid office. Here in Mobile, it would be Alabama Legal Services.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 1/24/2017
Click to View More Answers: