If an illegal alien marries an American citizen who has a felony conviction, can that person gain legal status? 3 Answers as of April 05, 2011

If an illegal alien marries an American citizen who has a felony conviction, can that person gain legal status?

It depends on the nature of the conviction. US Citizens or LPR convicted of certain sexual offenses against minors are from prohibited from petitioning family members unless the DHS agrees their pose no risk to the beneficiary. If the conviction does not involve this type of crime, they the citizen's conviction should not affect the petition.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Yes just as long as that conviction was not for a sex crime.
Felony conviction affects adversely a person's creditability. It takes more evidence that others to prove your marriage is entered into in good faith. If I were you, I would need a lawyer to enhance your chance of approval. Good luck!