If an attorney recently helped us draft documents pro bono would inviting the attorney and her husband for dinner be appropriate? 4 Answers as of June 24, 2014

We run a 501c3 nonprofit organization, but due to lack of funds, we haven't been able to hire a lawyer to draft liability documents. However, we eventually found a lawyer, who willingly drafted these documents for us pro bono. Hence, we want to thank her in ways other than a simple "thank you", but don't know what's appropriate.

SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN | SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN
Reciprocating kindness and consideration is always appropriate. Leave it to the attorney to accept or decline your invite.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
It's very nice of you to want to show your appreciation to this attorney who gave her time for free. It is appropriate to make this kind gesture. Just understand that some attorneys feel uncomfortable seeing clients outside of a professional setting. If you sense some hesitation from the attorney when you make the offer, please recognize this and don't feel slighted.
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
I can think of no reason why it would be inappropriate. I think it's a nice gesture. Just don't be insulted if the attorney politely declines.
It's the same as any other business transaction. So, taking them out to dinner is fine. Why wouldn't it be?