I would like to marry someone here on a tourist visa, what is the process we have to go through? 3 Answers as of December 30, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case, advise you of your options and make sure that the necessary paperwork and documentation is properly presented so as not to delay the process.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/30/2014
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
If you're a USA citizen, once you get married, there would be a number of forms and supporting documents to prepare and file with immigration. I highly recommend you use a board certified immigration lawyer to assist you.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 12/29/2014
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney before getting married. Sometimes the timing of the wedding makes a difference between getting the case approved or having to leave the US. Once married, you will have to file forms to get the green card. This process takes about 3 to 4 months from start to finish. You can also get a work and travel permit while waiting for the green card interview.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/29/2014
Click to View More Answers: