Who is responsible for notifying me for an arraignment? 2 Answers as of February 27, 2012

Who is responsible for notifying me for an arraignment? I was never notified.

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
The court is required to summons you to arraignment. However, it is your obligation to have your address correct with the proper authorities. If you are on probation, then the court must be made aware of address changes. In any case, the RMV and Post office should have valid addresses for you. If you did not receive notice and are properly listed where you live, a lawyer should have little difficulty in getting a warrant removed for you. You can do it yourself as well, however, if you are being arraigned on a criminal charge, I strongly advise that you have your lawyer present when you appear to surrender yourself on the warrant.
DeVito & Visconti, PA
DeVito & Visconti, PA | John E DeVito
In Massachusetts if you are arrested, you are arraigned shortly after the arrest or the next day. If you are bailed at the police station, the Clerk who bailed you will advise you of your arraignment date. It is usually the next morning or Monday morning if arrested on the weekend. If you were not arrested but a criminal complaint was filed against you; the court sends out notice by mail. If the court does not have your correct address and you do not receive the notice, a warrant for your arrest will issue if you have failed to appear at the arraignment. If you think charges are pending against you contact your local court and ask if charges are pending against you.