I was hurt badly outside of a coffee shop here in Oregon. Can I do something about it? 2 Answers as of January 19, 2011

What should I do about the fact that I fell and hurt my elbow and back outside of a coffee shop?

Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Paul Vames
I'll answer your second question first: "What should I do about the fact that I fell and hurt my elbow and back outside of a coffee shop?"

The answer to this question is simple: see a qualified medical professional immediately for your injuries.

As to your first question: "I was hurt badly outside of a coffee shop here in Oregon. Can I do something about it?" The answer to this question is not as simple. If you believe you fell as the result of some hazardous condition which could have been identified and corrected, then you may have a viable claim against the owner of the property. Premise liability claims are almost always difficult. The law on these issues is complex. Consult an attorney.
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC | Travis Prestwich
You may have a claim against the property owner, government or both for your injuries. You would need to show negligence on their part in maintaining the area, as well as, prove the injuries caused by the incident. You should seek out a good personal injury lawyer to discuss your options.