I was charged with credit card fraud and theft and its my first offense. Is it possible that I won't have to go to jail for this charges? 10 Answers as of September 05, 2013

Possible, but it depends on value of what was taken and quality of defense attorney.
Anything is possible. However, I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your case. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
Anything is possible. Some cases get dismissed. Some end with jail time. Some end with prison time. No one can possibly tell you how your case is going to turn out based solely off of the charges that have been filed. You should hire a local criminal defense attorney ASAP. If you can't afford to hire a lawyer, then go to your court date and ask the judge to appoint an attorney to represent you. Do not discuss your case with anyone except for your lawyer.
Instead of worrying about the jail time, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
It will depend on the strength of the case against you, the quality of your attorney and if the case is strong against you, the amount alleged and your ability to pay restitution.