I was caught shoplifting worth $30, how do I get this dropped if it was my first offense? 2 Answers as of May 16, 2016

What can I expect to happen to me? I'm seriously so ashamed and sorry for my actions. This is something I don't do but I did it and have to face the consequences for my actions. Is there a possibility I could get this dropped and not on my record?

Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law
Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law | Joel R. Salinger
The answer to your question is possibly. You should get an attorney to assist you in doing this. Depending on the jurisdiction, you can request an Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal also known as an ACD or ACOD depending where you are. The District Attorney's office will have to consent to this request which is why you should have an attorney. You will probably have to complete a class or do community service to get the agreement of the DA.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
There are ways to get the case dismissed and sealed.