I was arrested for robbery in the third degree, what penalties do I face? 2 Answers as of April 21, 2015

I'm 59, I took money from the cash register unattended. No violence, $780. My first offense since juvie at 18.

Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
I think you need to hire a good criminal defense lawyer. I don't see a robbery under the facts you mentioned. Robbery requires the use or threatened use of force. What you describe sounds like petit larceny and if so there may be a way to come out of this without a criminal record.
Team Green Lawyers, PLLC
Team Green Lawyers, PLLC | James R. Daley
If convicted of Robbery 3rd Degree, the maximum sentence you face is 2 1/3 to 7 years in state prison. If there truly was no violence, then your attorney may be able to negotiate a more favorable disposition for you, even possible down to a misdemeanor offense. Your sentence in that case could be up to one year in jail, 3 years' probation, a combination of jail/probation. You should definitely consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney.