I want to sue the individual who hit my car because I was seriously injured and I need surgery. Can I do that in Oregon? 2 Answers as of January 05, 2011

On November 19, my neck and jaw were badly hurt because a woman in a truck struck my vehicle at an intersection. It can only be repaired with surgery, and my insurance will cover the expense. Still, can I sue her for my pain?

Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Paul Vames
Yes you can recover economic and non-economic damages from the at-fault driver or her insurer. However, to the extent you recover medical expenses from the at-fault driver or her insurer, you may be required to reimburse your own insurer. I would be happy to consult with you on this. Feel free to contact my office.
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC | Travis Prestwich
Yes. Your case is a classic personal injury case and you can seek compensation for the damages you have suffered and will continue to suffer, including for pain, wage loss, any permanent problems, etc. It always is best to have an attorney to assist you so as to ensure you are fully compensated and know all of your rights.