I want to fight the ticket, but what do you I need to do? 15 Answers as of March 08, 2013

I was pulled over by a city cop for yielding/running a stop sign. From memory, I could've sworn it was a yield sign, but I didn’t want to argue with the cop. I accepted my ticket and moved on. I rode by the so-called stop sign just the other day and it was a yield sign! This is my first ticket so I have no idea.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
Plead not guilty and take photos of the location, along with the street signs. Retain a lawyer or represent yourself at the trial and tell the judge what happened.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/8/2013
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Generally, on back of ticket is place v to plea. Plead not guilty. Take a video of the exact area where there is a yield sign and not stop sign. Make sure the video shows exact location.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/6/2013
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
The backside of your citation should indicate the procedure for requesting a trial. When you go to court you will have an opportunity to speak and question the officer after the officer has presented the state's case to the judge.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 3/6/2013
The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos
The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos | Carlos H. Davalos
You can hire an attorney or attend court and see if the officer appears. If he or she does not, do not plead guilty or not guilty and ask the judge to dismiss your case.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/6/2013
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
If you have no idea, then you will need to retain attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/5/2013
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    Well, lets think this out. The cop says its a stop sign; you have discovered it is a yield sign. How would you show that fact to a judge? CAMERA take a picture, plead not guilty, go to trial, and introduce the picture!
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 3/4/2013
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    Show up and assert your interest. This is what trial is all about.
    Answer Applies to: Virginia
    Replied: 3/4/2013
    William A. Siebert
    William A. Siebert | William A. Siebert
    Visit a lawyer in the city in which the sign was located and tell him your story. He will know how to proceed. Do it quickly, as most traffic tickets have a 14 day limit on responses.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 3/4/2013
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    Take a photograph of the intersection with you to Court and show it to the Prosecutor.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey
    Replied: 3/4/2013
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney