I slipped and fell in the bathroom of a suite I stayed in, can I sue? 4 Answers as of February 18, 2015

I rented a suite for one night. During the evening all the plumbing appeared to back up. As I was exiting the shower at around midnight I was unaware of the amount of water on floor and fell with force on side of bathroom toilet. The shock was overwhelming but I had no idea of how bad it was. In the morning no water could be used. The jacuzzi couldn't be drained and the sewage was covering bathroom floor. Their maintenance man was notified of the water problem and of my fall. It is more apparent he seemed not so interested in my injury. I lay there on the bed of a place I just spent about three hundred dollars unable to use any of the luxuries. They sent in a staff member to do a short report on me. After 2 days of severe pain I finally went to the health center where they mandated x-rays to conclude that the fall not only broke my ribs but also caused my right lung to collapse. I am out of work as a mail carrier and wasn't even compensated for a return stay or a discount. What can I do?

Ken Oliver Law | Kenneth Oliver
You can sue for med bills, pain and suffering and any other damages. I reco you obtain a good law firm. The insurance company for the hotel (?) you stayed in may try o settle directly with you, but will offer MUCH less than the value of your case in view of the confirmed fractures.
The short answer is "yes". In my opinion, a plumbing back-up does not occur for no reason, so something must have been wrong with it. Unless it was some weird, unexpected, sudden occurrence, they should have known about it and taken control of the situation. Their failure to do so should render them liable. Of course, such a case could take on any unexpected direction, good or bad. One possible issue, though: was this suite part of a casino owned by an Indian Nation? If so, you are subject to their jurisdiction and their rules and remedies, if any.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
You may have a claim but more information is needed. You would need to prove that the hotel had notice of the plumbing problem.
Paul A. Lauto, PLLC
Paul A. Lauto, PLLC | Paul A. Lauto
Based on your description of the happening of the accident and your injuries, you may well have a viable case. Many details would be needed to properly evaluate causation, which is why you should have an in person consult asap with a personal injury attorney.