I Receved Cp2000 from IRS of underpayment, I cashed out Roth which I already paid taxes on half they want tax on 100% 1 Answers as of November 16, 2010

IRS trying to tax me on entire amount of Roth early distribution, when I sent them proof of all my contributions. I cannot seem to get past the first layer of worker bees there to get any meaningful results. They sent me a new CP200 saying I owe another 4,600. after I already sent them 11,300 of additional taxes after recalculating. My CPA missed a few things and I am trying to find out what he is responsible for as well, as I have paid substantial in accuracy penalties thus far.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
You should be able to appeal the amount and provide an explanation how the mistake happened or why you do not owe the additional monies.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 11/16/2010
Click to View More Answers: