I put a PFA on my child's father also my ex-boyfriend. If I contact him, is the PFA no good? 6 Answers as of January 25, 2013

He has problems with drugs, it's on his record, and home is unstable and unsafe for our child. He also has a corruption of minor charge pending. He is trying to get custody. Will he win?

Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
It depends if you are able to introduce enough evidence.
Whats your question? Can you contact him, or can he win a custody case? Based on your limited info no one can give you a solid answer as to a custody petition, all fathers have drug problems, are abusive, come from unstable environments, and are just basically unfit to be parents, and judges know this and are aware that fathers are just no good. As far as contacting him aren't you supposed to be afraid of him so if you reach out to him what does that show? That maybe the system is just being used? I don't know just guessing.
Reger Rizzo & Darnall LLP | Kathleen DeLacy
You cannot contact him either and shouldn't want to.
Answer Applies to: Delaware
Normally, you don't want to contact them unless it is about the minor children.
Kalil & Eisenhut, LLC | Michael N. Kalil
Have no idea what a PFA is. The criteria for determining custody in New York is "what's in the child's best interest". If dad has drug issues, and also has criminal charges against him for inappropriate conduct with a child, assuming you are a good parent, you're probably in the drivers seat. It's really a balancing test.