I put my kids on the title and deed, how do I take them off the title and deed? 9 Answers as of November 10, 2017

Law Office of T. Phillip Boggess | T. Phillip Boggess
You have to create a new deed and have everyone on the deed sign to transfer it to the new owners (you). If they refuse, you end up with some unintended consequences for your prior choices.
If they are adults, you will need to get them to sign quitclaim deeds that return the rights to the property to you. Or you can purchase their share of the property from them.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
They will need to sign a new deed and transfer documents transferring the property back to you.
Wellerstein Law Group, P.C.
Wellerstein Law Group, P.C. | Elisha Wellerstein
You would need them to sign a new deed transferring it back to you.
You have to do another Quit Claim deed. However, they must also sign for the transfer.
    Skillern Law Firm
    Skillern Law Firm | Penni Skillern
    If they are on a deed as a co-owner, you'll have to have them sign their portion of the house back to you. Or a partition action in court. I would consult with a real estate attorney to look at your options. You cannot sign them off unilaterally.
    Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
    Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
    If the children received an ownership interest via deed they will have to execute a deed to return ownership to you.
    Are you asking about title to your home? In any event, you will need to have a new deed drafted and each of children will need to sign it. The deed will then need to be recorded with the county recorder.
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
    Get their signatures on a new deed. And, I'm sorry but for others reading this I have to say it is almost never a good idea to "put the kids' names on property." What you are doing is giving away your property.