I never got any legal advise from my lawyer what can I do? 4 Answers as of July 26, 2013

He was an actor in the movie, wrote the film score, he wrote and sung six songs in the film. He went to Cannes, France for the movie premier. The Imdb says that the movie will be in 500 theaters across the United States on November 1st. In our divorce mediation it was agreed upon that I would get 50% of the music and movie royalties. After eight months, my attorney is now sending one liner emails saying; Did you get 50% of the royalties? And Did you get paperwork about your royalties? I've never got any legal papers from this lady. What should I do? Should I consult with another attorney regarding this matter? I know this movie will not be up for an Emmy, but that is not the point.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
If you were not represented in the divorce mediation by your own lawyer, then you should strongly consider getting a lawyer now. The mediation may or may not be legal without you having your own lawyer. Your best bet is to go get a highly qualified divorce lawyer. Better late than never.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 7/24/2013
Roe Law Firm
Roe Law Firm | Theodore M. Roe
You may need an entertainment attorney like myself to act as an expert witness, however, you need a family law attorney. You should obtain a qualified family law attorney's opinion of your situation after they have been fully apprised of the facts.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/24/2013
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
This agreement between you and your ex should be in writing and approved by the divorce court. As for royalties, it the movie hasn't been distributed yet, there may not be any.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 7/24/2013
Click to View More Answers: