I need proof of my marriage for social security, what can I do? 2 Answers as of May 26, 2011

My husband died in 2006. I need a marriage record for social security, and the only other document that would satisfy them is affidavit by the court. I was married in Orange County in 1981 but have resided in Riverside County since 1996. What court would I go to and what do i do? Do I need a lawyer?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Schreiber Law Firm
The Schreiber Law Firm | Jeffrey D. Schreiber
The Orange County Recorder's office should have a copy of the marriage certificate. You will need to provide ID.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/26/2011
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
Your marriage certificate was filed with the county where you were married. They should have a copy.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: