I need my wife's i94 number to change status but the automation system still doesn't have her number from May 2013, how long before we get it? 4 Answers as of July 29, 2013

She is on a student visa and we waited after 60 days to marry. We are a same sex couple and we have everything else besides this number. How long is the wait for the i94 to be in the system and is there another way to get it sooner?

Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
If she came legally t o the US, CIS will likely have a record of her I-94. If you find it necessary to obtain an actual copy of her I-94, you may do so by filing a Form I-102
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You can file with a copy of the entry stamp.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
Non-immigrants who arrive in the U.S. by air or sea are given a passport admission stamp while those who cross a border by land will continue to receive the paper I-94 card. If you have received a passport admission stamp, you will also have an electronic I-94 record. To access this record, visit www.cbp.gov/I94. If your spouse were issued a paper I-94 card, she will not have an electronic I-94 record. If she lost the white I-94 card that was stapled into her passport, she needs to file Form I-102 (the form and the instructions are at uscis.gov/forms). The filing fee is $330; and you can expect an answer in about 2.5-3 months.
You need to be very careful. Waiting 60 days does not necessarily insulate your spouse from immigrant intent issues. As for the I-94 number, you can wait for it to become available on the automated system. You may also be able to contact CBP at the port-of-entry and see if they have the number. Your wife should be again be careful about this situation. If you have not already spoken to an immigration attorney, I would encourage you to do so.